Saturday, July 5, 2008

Back From Vegas

Had a really good time even though I only hung out with Todd a few times and Stoner once. Freerolled into the 2 events I wanted to play (1500 PLO8 and 1500 HORSE) in a $320 SNG but was all downhill from there. Played the Venetian deepstack 3 times (2 330's and a 550) the Caesars megastack once (225) and the two WSOP events and didnt cash once. I misplayed a few big hands so need to get my tourney game in better sorts these next few weeks to make it a profitable summer. still did ok at cash even though i didn't play a ton of it. Played mainly 4/8 omaha at venetian with a half kill and a little 1/3 NL at Caesars. Also, the IP hooked me up by upgrading me to the penthouse suite which was fucking awesome. SO thanks, IP, its kind of a dump but i will surely stay there again if they continue to hook me up.

My most eventful run was in the Event 51, 1500 HORSE. I always feel like mixed games are usually my best bet, because i feel i play all games very well and am very good at adjusting to the switch in games. In the early levels I did best in the razz levels but never chipped up big until a sick hand came up in the Stud Hi round. I have about 8k in chips and the level is 100 ante, 200 bring-in, 500/1000

I was dealt (KK)4 in seat 5. seat one brought in 2 folds, seat 4 (station that likes to play a lot of hands and talk a lot) calls with (xx)T. I complete to 500. Seat 7 (big stack, new to the table, but had shown the wish to push us around) calls, seat 4 calls. 4th street seat 4 (xx)T3, dwal (KK)4Q, seat 7 (xx)J4. I bet, seat 7 raises, seat 4 folds. I plan to c/r on 5th when the limits double.
5th street. dwal (KK)4QK. seat 7 (xx)J4T bingo. looks pretty for me now. i check, he bets I raise he calls. 6th street. dwal (KK)4QK2. seat 7 (xx)J4T7 (3 diamonds) I figure he might have a flush now but i still have a ton of outs to fill up. dwal bets seat 7 calls. 7th street I look down at all 3 cards and see 3 kings in the hole. I quietly wet myself with excitement with my quad kings without a pair on the board and ~3600 left (KKK)4QK2. So I bet, he raises, I wet myself more and 3 bet and say "I only have 600 left". He says "how sick this is" and puts me all-in. I quickly say quad kings and quickly hear "you aren't going to believe this" and think can I seriously be beat by a straight flush? and he flips over quad 7's. with neither of us having a pair on the board. so sick and the whole table is amazed for about two levels and i am happy to be chipped up to about 18k and above average and thinking about coasting to Day 2.

We get to the last 8 hands on the night and I am holding onto about 17k and we are playing omaha. In the last 6 hands of the day I get aces twice and flop seats both times only to get called down and lose to flushes and then the last hand of the day I flop top set with QQ only to get beat by a runner runner flush and a runner runner low. sets suck in omaha. so I enter Day 2 with a measley 6500, half average with limits about to be 600/1200.

1st hand of Day 2, (LHE) it's folded to me OTB with KQc. I raise to 1200 and the BB calls. flop xxQ. I bet he calls. turn x. I bet he calls. river J, I bet he calls with QJ and rake the pot crippling me to about 2k. I fight to stay between 4k and 7k for about 2 hours but ultimately go out about 15-20 spots from the money when I lose a race with QQ < AK in the HE round. gg me. But had fun and am unfortunately back in jersey now. Peace out,

dwal

No comments: