Thursday, July 12, 2007

Time Off

So after getting beat up a bit in vegas, I took a few weeks off from poker and will get it back going again tomorrow. The tone was set about 3 hours into my trip. I had built my initial $500 stack to about 1450 playing 2/5 NL, when I saw 68 clubs on the button. 2 limpers to me, I raise to $25, BB calls UTG calls. BB is only player that has me covered. Flop is 4 7 9 all clubs. Bingo, flush with OESFD. checked to me, I bet $55, BB raises to 150, UTG folds, I raise to 450, BB calls. He bets $500, I push he calls with a set of 7's. River is a 9 and butso dwal.

So the carnage continues for the next fews days and I am down 4k, almost my whole vegas roll. I am leaving monday afternoon and checked out sunday morning to play a 30 hour session or so until my flight left. Played 2/5 and was close to even after a swingy session of about 16 hours. Then saw a 2/4 mixed game was opening up and figured I'd donk around for a few hours and have some fun. It turned out to be pretty much all dealers from the mgm and me. We played dealer calls for one round at a time, and pretty much all games were played. ALthough it was 2/4, most pots were capped (straddled and then 5 raises on top) preflop 7-8 ways. awesome. so much fun and the staff there was awesome and really cool to play with. I ended up playing this game for about 10 hours it was so much fun and won about $400. (100 BB) Then it was breaking and decided to play in there morning $65 tourney just to kill time before my flight.

It was a push anything awful structure and I got to the FT as the chip leader with less then 10 BB. Long story short, I end up taking it down for about 1700 to limit my losses a bit. All in all a fun trip, although did not compare to last year.

As for running been slacking a bit since I got back, but righted the ship the past 2 days and ran 5 miles and 3 miles respectively. Ran the 3 today in 26:36, so not too bad. Hope to run 9 on sunday and get myself back in full training mode.

No comments: