Thursday, August 23, 2007

Wed AC Trip

Running still going well and this is an easy week with just 3 5 mile runs so not too bad.

Took another day trip to AC yesterday. Started off nice with me doubled within a few minutes against a guy who missed a draw to my 2 pair and still paid me off on the river when his A hit even though he had no kicker. Then a tough hand came up.

I am in the SB with A7. 3 limpers and I call BB checks. Flop Ah Qs 7h. Bingo. I lead out for 20, BB calls, 2 folds, button raises to 120. He has about 260 behind and I have him well covered. I tank for a bit then push him in and he calls and tables AQ. NH. Later on I take a sick beat.

I am the SB with 44. 3 limpers, button makes it 20, I call, BB folds, 2 calls, i fold (90 in pot). Dream flop of A K 4 rainbow. Check to the button who overbets 100, I smooth call, another overcall and a fold. Turn T. check, check, Button bets 250, I push for another 280, one fold (he says AJ) and button calls and tables AT. River T and I am stuck a buy-in early.

I took a few other less bad beats and was down about 950 at one point then i started hitting flops like a champ. I got up to about 2k in front of me and then just started raising about 70% of hands. No one played back at me and i took a lot of small pots and lost a couple small ones where I didn't commit much. Then I look to see AA in UTG + 1. I made it the standard of 20 and get 3 callers. Flop Q 9 2. I bet 50, player to my left min raises to 100, fold fold, I go to 300 he pushes, i call he tables Q 7. It holds and then the table breaks and I leave up close to 2k.

Good day.

No comments: