Thursday, August 2, 2007

Moving, Training and AC!

So I moved this past weekend to a nice house in Somerville. Very happy with the place and has a nice big backyard for the dog. Moving sucks, but luckily its done.

Also This week started my 16 week training for the marathon. Ran a 3 miler on Tuesday and 5 miler on Thursday. First long run is 8 miles on saturday. Exciting I know

Also just returned from AC. I think I played pretty well and was up about 450 playing 2/5 at the Borgata in about a 3 hour session. Then played the $100+20 tourney with a songle add-on. As with most tourneys in AC the play was atrocious. 5k starting stack, 4th hand, 25/50 blinds I riase from MP to 200 with JJ. 2 callers behind. Flop J 8 4 rainbow. I bet 400, gets raised to 1400, one fold, i call. turn K. I check he bets 1500, I c/r all-in he calls with AQ so I double early. I fold JJ the very next hand to an all-in 3 bet preflop.

I get card-dead for a bit and after the break with blinds at 200/400/50 ante, i get jacks again in UTG + 2. UTG limps (standard and stack of about 11k), UTG+1 (absolutely awful player stack 7k) raises to 1k. I RR to 5k, UTG folds, UTG+1 pushes i call. He tables QJo, yes QJo. of course queen on the turn and i am now very short. Later I push to same donks limp with 88 and he calls with KQs and turns a queen again and bye bye dwal. Good cash session and i feel i played pretty well overall and have 4 straight winning live 2/5 sessions so i am back on an upswing.

No comments: