Friday, January 25, 2008

Borgata Poker Open

Ok all my faithful readers (both of them), I am back. So I went and met roddy and lucko at the Borgata last weekend and planned on playing some cash and maybe the $1500 event on sat. Got down there late Friday night and played a bit of 2/5 NL, ended up down about $600, when some crazy Norwegian guy sucked out on me twice. AA < K4s and another crappy hand i dont remember. I still play the event saturday anyway on no sleep.

I stay pretty much avergae stack throughout Day 1, and play really tight and pretty much double once an hour to stay alive. At about 1:00 a.m., we finally make the money after some very slow hand for hand play. We end Day 1 about 30 minutes later, and I bag 123k in chips, which is almost exactly average with 39 left. I go over and look at the payouts, and see that 1st is 207k, which would be nice. I rail LJ and have a few drinks, and bet every flop at a random table red/black with sucko for $100. I am up 200 but then we start flipping coins and a miraculous 7 tails in a row hit and i end up down $500. LJ chops the second chance with a monster stack for 12k.

I get a few hours sleep and come back around noon (play starts at 2:00) and grab some food. I start at table 1 with two small stacks behind me, and the big stack pretty far away.
I proceed to run over the table, and in the first level back, I go from 123k to about 320k without showing down a handand soon after we are down to 27 and redraw for new seats. I move to table 3 and my luck quickly changes. Every raise gets repopped, and quite quickly, I am back to under 200k. Card-deadness (yes its a word now) kicks in and i start to get blinded down. Luckily, we get down to 18 so we can re-draw for seats so hopefully i can get some cards. No such luck, I get blinded down to about 60k which is about 5 BB's and make a bad RR shove with no fold equity. I end up in 16th for about 5k. Pissed but still my first big cash in a big event like that.

To add to it, monday night I get 2nd in a 120+9 on Full Tilt for about 4700. I got into HU with a 3:1 chip lead but A7< K7 and then K8< Q7 and I get 2nd and yell at my computer.

On the running front, since the marathon, I have slacked, but have been lifting and hopefully will pick the running back up when the weather gets nicer. Peace out.

1 comment:

MackemPlus1 said...

Not a bad read for a math teacher!

But card-deadness is certainly not a word :)