Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter Extravaganza

Since my family isn't big into Easter, decided to head to Borgata for the Easter Extravangaza. $300 + 40, 30 minute levels, 10k chips to start. (110 entered, about 10k 1st) I play very tight the first few levels and never have to show down and get my stack up to about 14k. Table full of absolute stations like your typical Borg Tourney. Blinds are 100/200 and I am in the BB. UTG + 1 (has me covered) raises to 800 and 2 callers in MP and LP, I look down and see KdKh. I pop to 3100, and UTG + 1 shoves. 2 folds, I call. He shows JJ and flop comes 9TJ. No help and I am out after about 2 hours which sucks. Would have had a nice stack too.

I take a quick walk to compose myself and go over to 2/5 NL. They seat me between two friends, to my left has about 3k, to my right has about 4500 (500 max buy-in). To my right is raising every hand (thats my job asshole!) and I get nothing to play back at and they leave after about 20 hands and I haven't played a single hand yet. About 1 round later, I pick up AJh in MP. I raise to 25, new guy to my immediate left goes to 55, CO calls, rest fold. I call the small raise, and the flop comes QcThKh. Wow broadway with nut flush draw, not a bad flop. I have about 470, to my left has about $300, CO has me covered. CO donk bets 200 into the 180 or so pot and i get mad i have to shove and cant get some of 3 betters money as well. He flips AK! Way to play awful buddy!

No more major hands, I start to raise 50% or so, and often get 4 callers who all fold to my cbets with nothing. I leave with about $1700 for about a 1200 profit in only about 3 hours. so up a little more then 800 for the trip. Cant complain.

Happy Easter!